Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Goals

Okay, so now that the school year is underway, I’m sure that a few of you have thought about what you want to accomplish this year. Looking at my life, I’ve started to set goals for myself as I believe all of you should do. What I want to know is this:
  • Do you have any goals?
  • Why are they important to you?
  • Are these goals that you want to complete in one month? One year? Five years? Are your goals something that you want to continue to work on forever? (Eating healthy, helping others, etc.)
Your goals don’t have to be something like “get good grades.” (That should be a priority for all of you.) They could deal with family, school, social stuff, competitions, health, ANYTHING. For example, my two goals are to make the math team for my grade and place individually in the top 25 in state, and to read through the entire list of books on teenreads.com (around 400 books) by the end of my sophomore year.

The key to finding out what your goals should be is to think about what you want out of your life. Once you do that, ideas should come pouring out. Afterwards, it’s all a matter of figuring out how you’ll achieve what you want and getting to work!


Caterina Golner
Period 2 (Class of 2011) :)