Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Writing Element: Focus

For the next four weeks, we will be reviewing the four different writing elements.  Each week, you will be assessed on the specific element reviewed by completing a timed essay assessment similar to FCAT Writing. Fun!!

There are four writing elements which make-up the criteria for how writers are assessed. These elements include: focus, organization, support, and conventions.  This week, we will review the writing element of focus.

Take a look at this video presentation.  Feel free to post or email any questions or comments.


13 comments:

  1. This video helped me realize that there are four writing elements which make-up the criteria for how writers are assessed. I found this very helpful for writing.

    Morgan C.
    period 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Powers,

      Can you please send this to me via email as a PDF file, so I can print this information.

      Thanks.
      Morgan C.
      pd.2

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the idea, Morgan. Did you get it?

      Delete
  2. This video really helped me realize the right and wrong things I am doing when I write an essay. It was also helpful for the content of the different sentences you could write for the four different writing elements.

    Sarah G.
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would a Gerund phrase be something like this?
    " Destroying the environment is one of the greatest way to destroy humanity quickly."

    Tyger Lin
    Period 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video!
    MariaCamila Ayala
    Period 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review Mrs. Powers!
    Gianfranco de Castro
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a bit confused about Gerund phrases because I am unfamiliar with that sentence format. Could you possibly help explain that to me? Overall though the video was complete and reviewed what was taught so far.
    Thank You!

    Asher Michelson
    Period-5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about gerund phrases for today's essay. I'll go over it with you this week.

      Delete

Always remember to use proper writing conventions when posting a comment on this blog! Please include your LA PERIOD, first name, and initial of last name, so I know who you are!