Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Challenge: Exciting Headlines

One great way to hook a reader is to provide a compelling title for your piece of writing.  Many of you are still struggling with the idea of a creative title.

Challenge:  Go online to some newspapers and magazines.  Find examples of intriguing headlines. Tell me why a particular headline caught your attention.  Make sure to include the newspaper/article where you found the headline.

Follow the format in the example below:

From The New York Times:  "What if You Just Hate Making Dinner"
While I do not necessarily "hate" making dinner, this headline grabbed my attention because I think the article may provide some tips for making the process easier and less of a chore.
Mrs. Powers

Make sure to comment with your name and period, and I will give you extra credit!

#extracredit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always remember to use proper writing conventions when posting a comment on this blog! Please include your LA PERIOD, first name, and initial of last name, so I know who you are!